Thursday 9 July 2015

THING 1 ... STARTING

Have decided to sign up for this MOOC as, although I do social media stuff, I'm aware that it's an area that I need to develop my CPD in. Most of the online activities I take part in are fairly basic and I'm hoping this course will stretch me a bit and help me to explore and discover more.

The first thing is to set up a blog which I have already done so I guess that's box 1 ticked. But it talks about linking your email to your blog ... why would anyone want to use their email to blog from? I tend to write my blogs in a word document (although I'm not doing that now!) so I can proofread them, think about what I'm writing (bearing in mind this is on a public forum), leave it for a couple of days and go back ... and then post when I'm happy.

What are the advantages of blogging from your email? Also, my main email is not my Googlemail account as I only set that up for the purposes of my blog but my Hotmail, would it work from that?

Anyway, have already learnt something new. I've been blogging for a while but was always aware that it was pretty basic and I wasn't sure how to add things or change the layout ... but now I do! I had never bothered to explore the blogging features before, I'm one of those people that like to get on and do things (classic case of not reading the instructions) and partly this is because I'd never really given myself the time or space to explore so I'm hoping this course will do just that!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara,

    Thanks for your post! As for your questions, the advantage of emailing your blog posts may simply be in terms of efficiency. That is, if you work a lot from your inbox, then rather than switching over to a blogging platform to post, you can just stay within your email platform, saving a little bit of time and complication. You aren't obligated at all to do so, though, so please feel free to blog the way you're most comfortable!

    Looking forward to your further posts as we proceed with the course!

    The Rudai 23 team

    ReplyDelete